I was speaking to a prospect- a photographer- about her wish to update her website. The conversation went something like this:
“When was the last time you added content to your website?”
“What about photos or graphics?”
“What is your objective in updating your new website?”
“I need to show people my work and the benefits of doing business with me. Everything on the site is outdated – the information is wrong.”
Has your business changed in the past six years? How about in the past six months? New products or services? New events? New offers? New staff?
Of course it has! That’s why your website is never finished. Here are more reasons to update your website continuously:
- SEO benefits of new pages and new content (including video, links, blog posts and downloads)
- Give customers a reason to return to your site
- Let customers know what’s new at your company
- Updates on new products, services, promotions, staff, ideas, etc.
- Refresh outdated look and feel
That’s just five reasons to update your website. And if you can’t afford to post because your web developer holds you hostage, it’s time to convert your website to WordPress or Joomla so that you can make edits yourself without writing a check every time.
Is it time to update your website? Call Soapbox!